04 October, 2011

Piratey skulls

I've been working on so many things recently that I completly forgot to finish off my piratey baby booties. I finally managed to put the applique skull and cross bones onto them today and here they are all finished!

They will be available on my Etsy shop (Etsy) within the next week or so and will be in sizes, newborn, 3-6 months 6-9 and 12months.

Here is the pattern for the skull and crossbones applique...

Skull Applique - Free Pattern

You need
3mm crochet hook
White DK yarn
Black DK yarn
Yarn needle

What to do
Row 1: With smaller hook and A, ch 4; sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 2 ch; turn (3sc)
Row 2: Ch 1, inc, sc in next sc, inc; turn (5sc)
Rows 3 and 4: Ch 1, sc in each sc across; turn. (5sc)
Row 5: Ch 1, skip first sc, sc in next 2 sc, dec (3sc)
Fasten off leaving long tail for sewing.
The crossbones are just doubled up long straight stitches with french knots on each ends. Use the black yarn to stitch on the eyes to how you would like them

I've also been working on some Christmas things ready to do a craft fair at the end of November but more on that later!

No comments:

Post a Comment